IMPORTANT - READ THIS FIRST!!! If you are logging in for the first time, please read the entire article below. The "Sign In" button to the upper right is ONLY for the Technology Support ticketing system and is not connected to any other systems you will use as a student (click here to learn about the systems, such as webmail and myCourses, that you will be setting your password for using the instructions below.)!!
Logging in for the first time OR just looking to change your password (password reset)?
Follow these instructions below to be provided your username and/or to choose your new password.
- Open your web browser and go to: https://online.blueridge.edu/
- Whether you are logging in the for the first time or resetting your password, in the bottom right corner, click on "I'm New to BRCC".
- The next page previews the four step process, click "OK"
- You will be prompted for your last name and either your social security number or your student ID number. Enter this information and click submit.
- If you choose to use your social security number, just enter the numbers with no dashes. Please note, if you did not provide your social security number when you applied or during registration, you must use your last name and full seven digit student ID.
- If you choose to use your student ID number, it is the seven digit number located on your payment receipt, email payment receipt, or schedule.
- If you have a hyphenated or double last name, you might receive a message saying you "might already have an account at Blue Ridge CC." If this happens, please contact the Help Desk at (828) 694-1895. You may have to enter your last name differently and they can help with that.
- Your username will be next to "Here's your User ID." (Remember your username if this is the first time logging in!) In the drop down menu, select your personal email address. Click submit. (IMPORTANT - if you do not have a personal email address listed or no longer have access to the email listed, please complete a Data Change Form. Upon completion, the form will be sent to the Registrar's Office. Please allow up to 24 hours for your data change to be processed)
- A temporary password will be sent to the personal email address you selected in Step #5.
- Use this temporary password to log into WebAdvisor at https://online.blueridge.edu/. This will be the only time you use the temporary password.
- You will be prompted to set a new password (Remember your password!).
Password complexity requirements:
Your username (step #5) and your password (step #8) will be what you use to log in to WebAdvisor, MyBlueRidge, Moodle, and your Student WebMail. For details on your different student accounts and how long you should wait before attempting to log into them after setting your password, please see the Student Online Accounts article.
To provide us with a new personal email address, please call our Registrar's Office at (828) 694-1811.
If you are still unable to log in, please call our Help Desk at 694-1895.