To change your BRCC password while you are ON CAMPUS:
- 1. Go to your assigned BRCC computer or any BRCC computer at the TCC campus, HCC campus, or the HSC Building
- 2. Log onto the computer using your Active Directory username and current password
- Note: This is the same username and password that you use to access your @blueridge.edu e-mail account, Moodle, Papercut, WebAdvisor, etc.
- * If your password has already expired, you will automatically be prompted with instructions to change it. *
- * If your current password has not expired, you can follow the next steps to change your password. *
- 3. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
- 4. Click the button labeled Change Password
- 5. Follow the on screen instructions to update your password
To change your BRCC password while you are NOT ON CAMPUS:
1. Open your favorite web browser and go to https://online.blueridge.edu (WebAdvisor)
2. Enter your Active Directory username and current password (Same username and password that you use to access your @blueridge.edu e-mail account, myCourses, etc.)
- If you do not know your current password, click the "What's my Password" link at the bottom left of the page and follow the on screen instructions to have a temp password sent to your personal or blueridge.edu email address
3. Once you are able to login, click the "Change Password" button towards the top of the WebAdvisor homepage
4. Once you successfully change your password in WebAdvisor, your new password will immediately take effect on all systems *except* your @blueridge.edu email
5. To update your @blueridge.edu email account password, go to https://mail.blueridge.edu, login with your old password
6. Click your user profile icon in the upper right, then click "Manage Your Google Account", and click "Security" from the menu displayed on the left hand side of the page
7. Click the password link and change your password to the new password you set via WebAdvisor in the steps above
Password complexity requirements:
- Your new password cannot contain your username.
- Your new password cannot be the same as your current or previous 8 passwords.
MUST meet these requirements:
- 10 characters or more.
- UPPERCASE LETTER
- lowercase letter
!, $, #, % or any non alphabetic character
- NOTE: DO NOT USE the following special characters: space, tab, ? @ ; : < > & = _
Your new password will take effect within 5 minutes on all the following BRCC systems:
- The Insider (Sharepoint)
- Papercut and Toshiba copiers
- Logging into your BRCC computer
If you are off campus, you must follow all steps outlined in 'off campus' instructions above for your @blueridge.edu email account password to be updated. If you do not follow all steps, your @blueridge.edu password will remain the previously set password.
If you are unable to reset your password, please call our IT Help Desk at 828-694-1895 and we will be happy to help over the phone.
IT staff will only assist with a password reset if we can verify your identity in person or over the phone. We will not reset your password based on an email request alone.