How to install Automation Studio 6.4 Educational Edition from the BRCC network.
These instructions assume the following:
- You are familiar with Windows operating systems and can navigate thru the Windows environment.
- You are comfortable with terms like copy, paste and what “choose” and “select” mean when clicking on options in application prompts.
Before you begin make sure you are running a Computer System with Windows 7 or Higher.
You will need a USB Drive (aka thumb drive) with at least 2GB free space storage capacity to copy these files.
Getting the install files from the Blue Ridge Community College network:
The following folder should be accessible from any classroom or computer lab on campus.
The installation files are located on our server at:
The easiest way to access this file location is to open “File Explorer” and copy and past the entire line:
into the address bar at the top of “File Explorer” like shown and hit enter.
Once the directory is open copy the following items to a USB Drive (aka thumb Drive):
- “Automation Studio 18.104.22.16807b Edu 64 bits” directory
- “Automation Studio Installation Guide”
- “License Info”
After the files have been copied you are now ready to install Automation Studio on your system.
Installing Automation Studio 6.4 Education Edition on Your computer:
On your computer: (the computer your installing Automation Studio on to) Make sure you have at least 5GB free Hard drive space prior to installing this application.
- Go into the USB drive and open the Automation Studio 22.214.171.12407b Edu 64 bits directory and run the setup file.
- If prompted: Choose yes
- On the welcome screen make sure English is selected and choose NEXT
- On License Screen click accept and Choose Next
- Enter User Information and Choose Next
- Leave default folder for install: Choose Install
- If famictech website launches after choosing Install just close the website window and you should see the install window.
Note: This install can take some time so please be patient…
- When install completes Choose Finish
Please note you must be on-line and connected to the internet in order for Automation Studio to run.
- After installation finishes run the program for the first time:
- After the above splash screen you will receive this license prompt:
- Choose License Configuration and you get this screen:
- Select License Manager and type the following in the URI: field: gap.famictech.com
- Under Authentication change the Authentication Mode: drop down box to: Username & Password
- Input the following information exactly as shown as it is case sensitive.
- Change Organization Identifier to Other: and type in Blue Ridge Community College
Should look like this when all is done:
- Click on Green Check Mark
- And you’ll see this screen:
- Click OK and the program will open and will have a register software pop-up:
- Click Do not show again and Choose Later
- Program Opens
Congratulations the application has now been successfully installed!!